The Grand Opera House is pleased to announce the start of Wilmington’s Summer in the Parks 2016! This week launched the first of the 9-week season featuring FREE arts activities in 10 different park sites throughout the City of Wilmington.
The programs run Monday, June 20 through Friday, August 19, with 86 daytime events of FREE music, dance, arts & crafts, theatre and storytelling for kids of all ages. Activities will take place Monday through Friday (except July 4 and August 12) at 9:30-10:30am and 12:00-1:00pm, in combination with the City’s Summer Food Service, which distributes breakfast and lunch for neighborhood children.
Please note that the West Side Neighborhood site has moved to Madison Street Tot-Lot, just across from the entrance to William “Hicks” Anderson Community Center, and we look forward to returning to One Love Park after they completed a beautiful upgrade last summer. Come out and join us!
Weekly ScheduleEvery Weekday Morning @ 9:30-10:30am
- MONDAY | Prices Run (BBW Park at N. Locust & E. 23rd Streets)
- TUESDAY | Woodlawn Park (4th & Ferris Streets)
- WEDNESDAY | Tilton Park (N. Franklin – W. 7th & 8th Streets)
- THURSDAY | Madison Street Tot-Lot (504-506 N. Madison Street)
- FRIDAY | Holloway/Compton Park (N. Lombard & E. 7th Streets)
- MONDAY | One Love Park (N. Tatnall & W. 24th Streets)
- TUESDAY | Barbara Hicks Park (Bradford & B Streets)
- WEDNESDAY | Kosciuszko Park (Sycamore & S. Broom Streets)
- THURSDAY | Judy Johnson Park (N. Dupont & W. 3rd Streets)
- FRIDAY | Haynes Park (N. Franklin – W. 30th & 32nd Streets)
Weekly evening concerts will be hosted at selected park sites for all ages to enjoy – including the premiere performance at The Sugar Bowl Pavilion in Brandywine Park!
- June 29, 6:00-7:30pm, One Love Park | Alfie Moss/Dexter Koonce Project
- July 6, 6:00-7:30pm, Haynes Park | Suzzette Ortiz Latin Jazz Ensemble
- July 14, 6:00-7:30pm, Tilton Park | Richard Raw
- July 21, 6:00-7:30pm, Union Park Gardens | Diamond State Chorus & Simple Gifts
- July 27, 6:30-7:30pm, Stapler Park | Diamond State Concert Band
- August 4, 6:00-7:30pm, Judy Johnson Park | Pristine Raeign
- August 5, 6:00-7:00pm, Stapler Park | Wilmington Ballet Academy of the Dance
- August 10, 6:00-8:00pm, Sugar Bowl Pavilion | The Souldaires with Elbert-Palmer Percussion Ensemble
The Grand would like to thank the City of Wilmington for its generous support to make this important program possible. A special thanks also to Wilmington Parking Authority, Wilmington State Parks, the Friends of Wilmington Parks, and to ALL of you for your ongoing support and participation. We’ll see you this SUMMER in the PARKS!
For information, visit TheGrandWilmington.org/Parks or call 302.658.7897 x3105.