This post content courtesy of a press release from the Delaware Division of the Arts...
The finalists will compete for the opportunity to represent Delaware and advance to the National Finals in Washington on April 24 & 25, where $50,000 in awards and school stipends will be distributed.
2018 Delaware State Finalists
- Chelsea Anokye-Agyei - Hodgson Vo-Tech High School
- Matthew Byer - Wilmington Friends School
- Avery Chambers - Caravel Academy
- Julian Clark - Middletown High School
- Andrew Dingwall - Wilmington Christian School
- Whitney Grinnage-Cassidy - Ursuline Academy
- Melina Hudson - Milford Senior High School
- Tyler Keeler - Laurel High School
- Giovani Malcolm - Concord High School
- Richard Matthews - Dover High School
- Samuel McGarvey - Tall Oaks Classical School
- Dounya Ramadan - Newark Charter Jr./Sr. High School
The Delaware Division of the Arts sponsors the Poetry Out Loud: National Recitation Contest program in Delaware schools and the state finals. Competition begins at the classroom level in the fall and culminates with the state finals each spring. Over twenty schools and more than 2,000 Delaware students participated in the Poetry Out Loud program in the current academic year. The Poetry Out Loud: National Recitation Contest competition is presented in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation.